Your privacy is important to us. It is Medland Orthodontics’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://medlandorthodontics.com.au/, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. We also collect, use, disclose, store, secure, manage and dispose of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“the APP’s”).
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
Kinds of Information we collect and hold
We collect information reasonably necessary for or directly related to our functions and activities. The types of personal information we collect may include but is not limited to your:
- Age and birthdate;
- Occupation and employment details;
- Contact details;
- Address details;
- Credit card and bank account details;
- Other financial information;
- Cookies and website tracking;
- Personal interests;
- IP addresses
- Cookie Identifiers
- Website activity
How we collect your personal information
We only collect personal information by lawful means and obtain your information in different ways that may include but is not limited to:
- When you contact us;
- When you attend our premises;
- When you order a product or service from us;
- When you provide us with goods and or services;
- Via our website, customer portal or Apps;
- Via social media;
- From third-party service providers;
- When you apply to work for us;
- Location through tracking technology;
- Using tracking technologies such as third-party cookies and non-cookie technologies
How we may use your personal information
- Any purpose you have consented to;
- Rendering any of our services to you;
- Any purpose related to one or more of our business functions or activities;
- Responding to enquiries/complaints;
- Providing support
- Administering accounts and processing orders;
- Warranty purposes, product issues, service measures and updates;
- Marketing, event and promotional activities;
- Market research;
- Recruitment purposes
- Registration of security interests;
- Compliance with industry, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Sharing with 3rd parties such as NextRoll, Google Ads, Facebook to serve targeted advertising and for measurement and analytics purposes.
You may opt-out from targeted advertising anytime at DAA or NAI.
This policy is effective as of 1 October 2020.